If you have seen a recipe for Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas and haven't tried it, definitely try this recipe. It is so delicious. My daughter, Jinaya, made this for one of our family gatherings and it instantly became a family favorite.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
MAKES 12/SERVES 4 TO 6
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the cooked and shredded chicken in a medium size bowl. Set aside. In a small bowl combine the honey, lime juice, chili powder and minced garlic (or garlic powder) together. Whisk thoroughly to combine. Pour this mixture over the chicken and toss well. Allow to marinate for 1/2 hour in a Ziploc bag or covered with plastic in the refrigerator while you prepare the tortillas.
3. Heat a large griddle until a drop of water skitters across (about 350 degrees F). Spray the surface with non-stick cooking spray or with a little bit of Canola oil in between each round of tortillas. Heat tortillas about 20 seconds on each side until warm and flexible and some golden brown spots have appeared. Remove the tortillas from the griddle and keep them between a couple of paper towels until ready to use.
4. Spray the sides and bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish lightly with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine the enchilada sauce and the heavy cream. Spread about 1/2 cup of the mixture on the bottom of the baking dish to create a thin layer.
5. Add a large spoonful (about 2 Tablespoons) of the chicken mixture to the center of each tortilla in a line. Cover the chicken with a large tablespoon (or big pinch) of cheese, then roll up the tortilla. Place the enchilada seam side down in the baking dish, making two rows. You will use about 1-1/2 cups of the cheese for the filling, set the remaining 1 cup aside to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
7. Bake the enchiladas for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly and starting to brown on top.
Garnish with the chopped cilantro or chopped green onions.
Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, black beans, and lime rice or a green salad for a great meal.
This is one of my favorite recipes! I think you'll love it, too!