You don't need to have a party to serve these Homemade Nachos, although they are a good choice for a party! We enjoy having these nachos for any meal during the week - they're delicious and very easy to make.
And for a delicious dessert try Jinaya's (my daughter) recipe for Homemade Oreo Cookies. These Homemade Oreo Cookies taste so much better made from scratch!
We make these nachos all the time, but they are fun to have at a party too.
Super Bowl 50 is just two weeks away, and this would be perfect! For parties like the Super Bowl, I like recipes that don't require a lot of ingredients, feeds several people, and doesn't tie me to the kitchen. I want to be with my guests!
Here's what you need to serve approximately 10:
1-1/2 lbs. lean ground hamburger
1 can chili with no beans (Hormel or Nalley's)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can whole kernel corn
1 package taco seasoning mix
Corn Chips (we usually need 2 regular size bags)
1. Brown hamburger, drain. Transfer to crock pot.
2. Add chili, diced tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning mix to crock pot. Stir to combine.
Cook on High for 4 hours, or Low for 6 hours in the crock pot.
After you add all of the ingredients into the crock pot, it will be thick. Don't worry, and don't add liquid. The juices from the tomatoes will simmer and make your sauce.
Serve nacho mixture over corn chips.
Serve with your favorite toppings, such as:
Cheese Queso, warmed
Black beans, heated
Fresh tomatoes, diced
Black olives, sliced
Green onions, chopped
Jalapeno peppers, chopped
(For the queso, to keep it simple my favorite is Tostitos Salsa con Queso (medium heat), but you may choose to make homemade).
These nachos are so yummy! You'll love how delicious and easy they are to make.
For dessert, delicious Homemade Oreo Cookies from Jinaya's Recipe Box! My granddaughters helped make this delicious batch!!
For the cookies:
1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Blend the above ingredients together in a mixer until combined.
3. Roll dough into heaping teaspoon-sized balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Make an even number of balls.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to cooling rack. After cookies have cooled, put Cream Cheese Frosting, below, between two cookies, putting bottom sides together.
For cream cheese frosting:
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Note: Refrigerate any leftover frosting or uneaten cookies immediately.
London and Mercedes putting together the oreo cookies while the nachos sauce cooks. This was a fun evening!
I hope you enjoy these recipes and have a great week.