The boys are preparing to help Mom make cookies!
My daughter-in-law, Amber, enlisted the help of her two sons, Branson and Gavin, to make a batch of Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies for a Christmas party. But we thought these cookies would be perfect to share for Valentine's!
Branson is really thinking through things, here!
All decked out in an apron, Branson is ready to begin...
while Gavin works to open the cake mix - yum!
I love quick and easy cookie recipes that don't require many ingredients. If you haven't tried these cookies before, you need to. They are soft, delicious, and very easy to make. They'll be perfect to make for Valentine's Day!
MAKES 3 DOZEN
1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
6 Tbsp Butter, melted
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Cornstarch
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
2. Combine cornstarch and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and eggs. Mix with a spoon until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
4. Drop by spoonful into bowl containing powdered sugar and cornstarch. Coat completely and then roll them into
1-inch balls covered with powdered sugar.
5. Place on cool, ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 9-11 minutes or until set.
7. Cool several minutes on baking sheet then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
You can add white chocolate chips for Valentine's, or drizzle with cream cheese frosting, if desired.
Later this week I'll be sharing fun ideas to package these cookies to give as gifts to your favorite Valentines! Be sure to check back!