Over the next few weeks I will be sharing recipes and fun activities from our family Halloween party that you can use for your next gathering.
Today's recipe is from my daughter-in-law, Amber. On occasion, Amber will be sharing ideas and inspiration here on Decorated Mantel and I am excited for you to see her projects. She has a tasteful, keen eye for decorating and everything she does is beautiful and well done. You'll find her DIY home projects and entertaining tips inspiring.
If you love rice krispy treats that are soft and gooey, you'll want to try Amber's recipe for these cute Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats. They are loaded with extra gooey marshmallows!
5 Tablespoons butter
8 Cups mini marshmallows
6 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1) Line a 9x9-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray, set aside.
2) In a large pot, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted add the mini marshmallows. Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat.
3) For the orange pumpkins, begin by adding 2 drops of red food coloring and 3 drops of yellow food coloring to the melted marshmallows. If it's too dark, add more yellow. If it's too light, add more red.
4) Stir in Rice Krispies cereal and salt. Stir until the cereal is coated. Allow the mixture to cool a bit until it's cool enough to handle.
5) Once it has cooled enough, spray your hands with cooking spray and mold cereal mixture into balls. Press a little tootsie roll into the top to make a stem.
These treats are so cute and delicious my little grandson, Gavin, couldn't wait to enjoy one!
The only thing left to do is make a batch and enjoy!